Post-Judgment Enforcement & Contempt

Protecting—or enforcing—your legal rights.

You’ve weathered the ups and downs of your separation or divorce and are doing your best to build your new life. But your ex-spouse isn’t respecting the support or custody agreements you made, and it’s causing you hardship. If this is the case, you can appeal to the court for an enforcement of those orders. In some circumstances, a judge can hold your former spouse in contempt, and they could face penalties that include jail if they continue to avoid their responsibilities.

If you are seeking legal action against your ex-spouse or co-parent for their failure to adhere to judgments, California law requires the following:

  1. A valid court order must be filed;
  2. The other party has to be aware of the court order;
  3. They must willfully violate the order.

At the Law Offices of Jennifer Owens, we will guide you through the enforcement process every step of the way. We will help relieve the anxiety and hardship you are facing as quickly as possible, whether by finding a way to obtain compliance without resorting to court intervention, or by fighting on your behalf in court for the fair treatment you deserve.

Legal Reasons to Pursue


  • Failure to make child support payments
  • Violations of custody & visitation agreements
  • Failure to make spousal support payments
  • Non-compliance with terms of judgment

Recent Articles

The fresh start you need.
The peace of mind you deserve.

Reach out today to get started.