Divorce happens more often than most of us realize. The process is rarely easy, but through mediation, you can avoid many of the headaches associated with divorce. It tends to be more beneficial than traditional divorce primarily thanks to its timely nature and avoidance of a judge’s involvement, among other stress-saving benefits.
Get a feel for the 10 core benefits of divorce mediation here, and if you’re striving for a peaceful settlement without litigation, call our offices for a free consultation.
What is Divorce Mediation?
Divorce mediation is a process that involves a neutral third party who helps couples reach a mutually agreeable solution to their divorce. The mediator gives each spouse a chance to express their concerns while ensuring that they remain respectful of each other. Instead of battling it out in court, you and your spouse can meet with a mediator to establish a more amicable agreement without a judge’s involvement.
10 Benefits of Divorce Mediation
There are several benefits of divorce mediation that can help ease the stress of the divorce process, including:
- Reducing the financial and emotional toll of divorce
- Helping parties to prepare for the divorce and resolve any financial issues
- Teaching spouses how to communicate more effectively
- Assisting spouses in resolving any irreconcilable differences
- Encouraging parties to work together for the sake of the children
- Assisting with planning your post-divorce future
- Helping spouses with creating a plan for the children
- Leading parties to accept the outcome of the divorce more amicably
- Helping spouses to move on with their lives and start their new chapters
- You maintain control of the outcome rather than a judge’s final say
Strive for a Peaceful Settlement
All-in-all, divorce mediation is a great way to reduce the stress and strain of your divorce. If you’re struggling with conflict, finding ways to work through those differences and reach a mutual agreement is crucial.
Still, mediation isn’t necessarily easy. It can be a difficult process because it takes a healthy amount of time, and therefore, patience. Before opting for mediation, you should be prepared for the process and have realistic expectations. Thankfully, an Orange County divorce mediator can lend a hand with those preparations and carry you to finalization in a collaborative manner.
Jennifer Owens, Esq.: Orange County Divorce Mediator
At the Law Offices of Jennifer Owens, we revel in the power of choice. When spouses face divorce, they’re presented with a slew of decisions with a handful of potential outcomes. Our attorneys are believers in the best possible outcome, where a former couple chooses peace over destruction so that they can finally move on to their next chapter. No matter your desired path – mediation, a negotiated settlement, or even litigation – The Law Offices of Jennifer Owens will help you achieve the best possible outcome by reaching a settlement that keeps all involved parties in mind. Visit our website to review our family law services, or contact us online for a free consultation.